A good design forms the basis of a great-looking garden. Getting the design right is no easy task. It involves considerable creativity, knowledge of which plants will grow well depending on the weather and soil condition, and the application of the right fertilisers and pesticides to help plants grow properly.
If you wish to landscape your garden, it is always better to call a professional garden designer to help you. OakleighManor.com offers some great garden designing ideas that you can suggest to the designer.
Instead of just having an abundance of greenery, think about introducing multi-coloured flowerbeds in your garden. They look very contemporary and pleasing to the eye. In addition, make the flowerbed layered, so you have greater scope and space to add to the colours. Some interesting options you have to create a lovely flowerbed are the following:
- Using out-of-the-box containers to grow flowers
- Creating a low level patchy flower garden
- Creating a flowerbed using logs as borders around trees
Greenery in the Garden
A verdant garden can be the place in your home where you can relax the most. So, here are some tips to create one:
- Introduce plenty of green hedges along the borders and right in the centre of a flowerbed
- Incorporate topiary ideas in the hedges to give them a modern charm
- Mix the greenery with red coloured plants to add a pop of colour here and there
- Choose to have green trellises trailing along the walls and the grass
The Garden Pathways
No garden design is complete without a proper pathway. Instead of making the pathway similar to a road, think of ideas that can make them as interesting as the garden. Here are some examples:
- Use concrete stiles
- Create stone pathways
- Incorporate plant pathways
- Add some rocks to the mix of plant and stone pathways
- Make flowerbeds the borders of the pathways
Use these simple but wonderful ideas in your garden and inspire your neighbours to work on their garden, too.